Saturday 9 May 2009

beginnings

So this is my first post.  Yes, that looks much better in verdana.

In doing research about Librarianship and programmes in Library Science, the most informative resources i've found have been personal blogs by current MLIS students. These blogs have given me a great idea of what to expect this September as I enter the Information Science programme at the University of Toronto.

This summer, I am volunteering at two local libraries in Quebec City to get an idea of the field and (hopefully) a basic idea of some of the issues I'll be dealing with next school year.

The whole blogging thing is a bit new to me.  I've read tonnes of entries over the past few years, from the blog that helped introduce me to library science to my current daily must-read and everything inbetween.  Whatever my interest of the movement, I've sought a closer connection to it through the blogosphere.  Here's hoping that my venture into its ever-increasing library component will be the most fruitful yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment